Each and every day we work in partnership with community, individuals, legal sector and funders in our pursuit to achieve access to justice for all. PCLC extends it warmest appreciation to all our supporters who have made financial contributions, provided pro bono support or donated their valuable knowledge and time, your support makes a such difference.
Pro Bono Supporters
Our pro bono partnership with Russell Kennedy Lawyers continues to strengthen our organisational capacity and practice capabilities to provide free legal services to the most in need. This past year Russell Kennedy provided substantial support including governance advice and assistance, mentoring and training, meeting facilities, funding our client disbursement fund and marketing and business support services. Special thanks to Victor Harcourt, Principal, Emma Dunlevie, Pro Bono Coordinator, Olivia McMillan Pro Bono Lawyer and the entire Russell Kennedy team.
- Halpin Partnership have provided extensive pro bono management consultancy services with the undertaking and implementation of the Organisational Review. We thank Dr Eibhlin Fletcher and Peter Blood for their generous support.
- Dalit Kaplan of Storywell is undertaking our 40 stories project, producing a series of audio pieces featuring individual stories about PCLC work and clients. Dalit has generously provided a significant component of the project ton a pro bono basis.
- Lance Guymer of Guymer Lawyers provided substantial support and assistance with our Trust Account throughout the year.
Our Legal Community rallied to support our Centre and clients by providing a wide range of pro bono services including special counsel mentoring and advocacy to support our clients on a pro bono basis or significantly reduced fee briefs.
- Amanda Humphreys, MST Lawyers
- Terry Weerappah, Bayside Solicitors
Women’s Legal Service
The Peninsula Lawyer Discount Scheme provides an affordable option for residents in the Rosebud region with legal assistance for those clients where a discount of up to 50% may be offered. Clients are referred to the scheme where the Centre is unable to provide ongoing assistance, do not qualify for legal aid and cannot afford to pay full fees for legal assistance. Special thanks to Michael Moorehead and Villy Raki.
- Maurice Blackburn continued to provide valuable support sponsoring our Volunteer Long Service Awards and our Volunteer Encouragement Awards.
- Russell Kennedy Lawyers generously supports our client disbursement fund providing much needed assistance to support clients with their disbursements related to their legal matter.
- Australian Government Attorney General’s Department
- State Government Victoria Department of Justice and Regulation
- Victoria Legal Aid
- Consumer Affairs Victoria
- City of Glen Eira
- City of Casey
- Frankston City Council
- City of Kingston
- Mornington Peninsula Shire
- Phyllis Connor Memorial Trust
- The William Angliss (Victoria) Charitable Trust
- The Ian Potter Foundation
We also thank our supporters for their additional in kind contributions including Frankston City and Glen Eira Councils for office premises and Victoria Legal Aid, CPD Training and access to Law Guru.